Saturday, June 22, 2013

Brother Story, Sister Song

When one is travelling through this world, it is good to have companions for the journey.  I travel with two: Brother Story and Sister Song. 

Brother Story makes travel easier - he reminds me I'm walking in well worn paths even if the scenery and steps aren't familiar: he is compass and map and guide.  I may be scared.  Or fearful.  But I am not lost. Or alone.  And because Brother Story has been in all places at all times among all people I am never a stranger, nor a stranger met, where ever I go.

Sister Song makes living easier - she is encourager and lightener and bearer of sorrow and joy. She is the sound of Creation echoing and continuing and Thanksgiving responding to gift given gracefully.  She is the aceite y sal y pimiento (oil, salt, and pepper) on the table which makes life's bread taste its best. 

Care to join the little band?

1 comment:

  1. No-you make it sound pretty boring.
    Religion is a waste of time, effort and money. Fortunately more and more people want less and less to do with it.

    ReplyDelete